About us

Everything we do we believe will challenge people's expectations regarding financial planning. We believe financial planning has the power to improve quality of life. We have a fantastically qualified, experienced and committed team, with access to all the best tools to ply our trade. We believe in keeping our values and principles at the forefront of our minds every single time we interact with our clients.

If you are considering your finances at a key time in your life, we'd love to try and help you. We can help clients anywhere in the UK, however our main geographical areas are Harrogate, Leeds, York and anywhere throughout North Yorkshire.

Why Seventy?

People often ask about the origins of our name. It came from an idea that, in life, we have lots of key decisions to make. Sometimes we get those decisions right and sometimes get them wrong. However, the fear of making bad decisions often leads us to delay, making, or even avoid making, even the most sensible of choices - isn't this especially so when it comes to making life's big decisions?

We think it is important to remember that the life we are given and the time we have is precious. As such, we don’t really have any time to waste. Chris Riley, founder of Seventy Financial Planning, agonised about starting his own financial planning firm until he realised that he would never be 100% sure he was making the correct decision. Eventually he settled for being 70% sure. He found the remaining 30% of uncertainly was the natural fear of failure and change - something we all have to contend with at times.

Using the name Seventy Financial Planning serves as a constant reminder that our clients each have their own set of hopes, fears and complicated decision to make. Above all else, our role is to help people make the best possible financial decisions for the lives they choose to lead.

Our Ethics

We are committed to providing the highest standard of financial planning and service possible. The interest of our clients is paramount to us and to achieve this we have designed our systems and procedures to place you at the heart of our business. In doing so, we will:
· Be open, honest and transparent in the way we deal with you;
· Not place our interests above yours;
· Communicate clearly, promptly and without jargon;
· Seek your views and perception of our dealings with you to ensure it meets your expectations or to identify any improvements required.

Start planning your future. Speak to us today.

Contact Us

Seventy Financial Planning
The Apple Store, Haggs Farm,
Haggs Road, Follifoot, Harrogate,
HG3 1EQ

01423 611004

[email protected]

Subscribe to our newsletter to receive all the latest insights.

Subscribe
Logo

Stay informed and get all the latest insights, news and upcoming events right into your inbox.